Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My name is not Virginia

And I do not wear high heals when I'm exercising.


 - HAHA, I've been waiting to say that for a while now.


The truth is that I'm the kind of person who likes to do nice things for people, and I like to accomplish things for myself. BUT, I do not like to do thing anonymously. I honestly think it's a great thing for everyone to do things for others, and if you can step back without being aknowledged, then you are a very blessed person. I'm not like that. I like to take credit.

So here I sit, I've lost a decent amount of weight, and I haven't had anyone say anything. I'm down *almost* (hopefully to change soon) 15 lbs, and 2 pants sizes. I haven't heard anyone say, "hey you look good, have you lost weight?" OK OK. So I'm hoping that if I post this, then maybe I'll get a few comments. You know that's how it works. It always does. *fingers crossed*

8 comments:

wannabe former fatgirl said...

You know what, noone but my boyfriend has said I look thinner, and he only said something because I was fishing!

Judging by your pictures I think you look great, keep up the hard work, my dear :)

safire said...

I don't do things anonymously either which is different than my boyfriend!

Some people are too polite to comment! They don't want to offend I have found :) even though we want someone to notice!

Marlee said...

Haha I totally know what you mean! I lost about 25 pounds in the last year, but only maybe 6 since last summer. I just went to visit my brother and his wife's family, and her father told me I looked like I lost weight. I don't think he would've noticed because it's only been a few pounds since he saw me last, so I figured she must've said something to him.

Fact is I don't care though. It's nice to hear :). Great post!

sammy said...

2 Pants sizes is a massive loss! You know what, I find people don't say anything and then all at once people will start saying how good you look, etc then it stops again ... so sad.

Bobbi Sharp said...

That's Awesome!

My parents haven't even made a single comment and I'm down 22 pounds now. :(

I take in stride. I KNOW what my body's doing whether others notice or not.

Niki Hudson said...

Keep up the good work! I agree with Sammy, 2 pants sizes is something to feel proud of! You rock it sister!

Diminishing Lucy said...

2 sizes is like 10kg....

It is SO frustrating when certain people don't tell us they have noticed!

I have lost a bit of weight, as you know, and a few of my "friends" have STILL not acknowledged this weight loss...? So they are either blind or insecure?!

Lisa, you are a goddess.

xx

Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

I think sometimes people are either uncomfortable acknowledging that you've lost weight (for fear that you might think they have been checking you out) or sometimes people don't notice because they see more about you than just your figure.

I say this because a good friend of mine got her breasts enlarged and had it for six months before she told anyone in mothers group. None of us noticed because we didn't check her out the way she checked herself out! True story!

Also some people are just bastards who won't give you the satisfaction cause they are jealous and don't have their own personal resolve. Keep on keeping on!