Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Where's my head been?

Over the past 6 months of my adventure, I've learned a lot. But the most important thing I've learned about weight loss and getting fit isn't about eating right and exercising. Don't get me wrong, eating right and exercising are the basics and the fundamental parts of weight loss and getting fit. But it's not the most important thing I've learned in the last 6 months.

Even though I've changed my diet, and developed a great exercise routine. If my head isnt' in the game, then the effort I've put in is nearly worthless. Let me explain; I'm tired and exhausted. My new habits are telling me to get my butt out there and get some exercise done. So I go, but I make excuses to walk. Or, I make a nice big salad for lunch and enjoy it very much. But then I eat a couple of crackers. A couple ends up being the entire box, along with some cookies, bread, and candy.

So, if my head isn't in the game, my reasons for being healthy are being followed by excuses for unhealthy actions. I need to get my head back, and get it back for good. It seems that one day I'm right on, but the next I'm completely off course. What do you do to keep your head in the game?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I totally agree this is like 80% a mental game. If I could shut my brain off half the time I'd be a size 0 LOL