Friday, August 19, 2011

OUCH!

I know that I'm not the only accident prone person out there. But there aren't a whole lot of people who actually have the talent of getting hurt like me. (Yes, I know there are many of us, but we are very rare.) I hurt myself today on my run. That's not so interesting, but how and what I hurt is interesting. I was running around the gate that keeps vehicles off the running path, and while dodging it, I pulled my oblique. OUCH!!! This was right at the beginning of my run, and it wasn't too painful so I just ran through it. Now, after I have stretched and cooled down. I can hardly walk! I'm not injured, but I need to keep the muscle quiet for today. OUCHIE!

Today started off great (even with the ouchie, it was a very good run) I woke up to a thunderstorm, and then on and off showers throughout the morning. About 10am I decided that I wasn't going to give up my run because of a little rain. The truth is that I'm not that sweet, so I won't melt. Also, I thought about another blogger; Sammie. You can find her blog HERE. She really is an inspiration. And the specific post that made me go for it in the rain was HERE.

Also, I saw this picture on facebook. Can you tell me what your excuses are after seeing this?


Kind of puts a few things in perspective doesn't it.

1 comment:

financecupcake said...

I'm so sorry you're hurt AGAIN!!! Nice job getting out there and running in the rain!