Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Breakdown

Ok, Ok. I know that I basically drop off the edge of the earth when it comes to weekends, and I'm sorry about that. But you all know that I decorate weddings, and usually they are on Saturdays. Then I reserve Sundays for my wonderful husband. Sorry that I'm not around, but I gotta have some time for the family.

So, let's start with Saturday! WOW, did we work hard. We had an outside wedding, and it was SPECTACULAR!!! Red and Black. My favorite classic colors. Here's a couple of pics.





88 Double Chair Ties = a TON of work. It may not seem like a lot, but it took about 2 hours for me to tie all those chair ties.

Yesterday, Sunday was an INCREDIBLE family day. After putting away the wedding, and dropping off my help, and picking up my hubby and kids (who went to the lake while I worked!). It was about 1 am. LONG DAY! We woke up very late, and that was nice, I made the family some waffles!! As we were eating my wonderful husband decided he wanted to take the kids hiking. My jaw dropped! He loves hiking and always talks about it. But that's usually as far as it goes. Not yesterday! We were up at the trail about 11:30am. Yes, it was hot, but it was a lot of fun. We ended up about 2.5-3 miles back. My 2 year old rode just about half way on our shoulders, but overall did great. My 4 year old (4 next week) was running basically the entire way. SHE LOVED IT!!! I do have some pics, but the camera was left in the car. I'll have to download them later and post them.

OH! And we passed two guys who were visiting from Pennsylvania. One of the gentlemen was 90 YEARS OLD!!! Wow, he looked good! Sweet men too.

Once we were home, we mowed the lawn and took our exhausted butts to bed!! We were all in bed by 7pm!! But it really was a great family weekend! There was a lot of activity, and a lot of togetherness!!! What a GREAT weekend!!

 



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow incredible wedding pictures, you did an amazing job, I love those colors! Gorgeous.

Bobbi Sharp said...

You do some gorgeous work!!!!

Unknown said...

That does sound like a good weekend. The wedding looks beautiful! That would be a fun job. Lots of work though I'm sure.