Tuesday, July 12, 2011

OOPS

Lately I've had a bad habit of forgetting to use my MyTrak. It's actually pretty sad because I've forgotten enough that it's kept me at a Penguin level of activity. That means that according to my MyTrak, I occasionally do light activity throughout the day. This is totally and completely not true. I exercise a minimum of 4 days a week. There's got a to be a way to edit activities, especially when you do something like water aerobics (which I did last night) where you can't wear the devise. Also, and I'm not sure what's going on, but it's saying that my exercising is "not intense". No offense to the devise, but running 11-12 min miles, 3-5 miles is pretty intense for heart health. Not sure why there's a problem there, but I have to admit that is a little annoying.



On another note, today I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. I ran 3 miles at 12 min mile, and 1 mile at 11 min mile. I'm definitely happy with that. It was hard, but not REALLY hard. I felt quite strong throughout the entire time. The worst part about running on the treadmill is that you get no breeze to keep you cool, and I totally overlooked claiming a fan until I wish I had one about 1.5 miles in. Other than that, things were good this morning. I feel really good about my weight loss this week. Totally positive.

 

3 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

Technology sucks sometimes... my HRM was a waste of money so now I have to save enough to buy a REAL HRM with chest strap if I want to effectively track my calories burned while exercising... Eh, at least I KNOW what kind of work out I'm getting right now and I do feel great about that.

Karen@WaistingTime said...

It doesn't register biking the same either. But at least I can wear it and get some credit which is not what I expected when I read up about it. I have to say I've been enjoying the little gadget. I will get around to a long post about it someday. Soon. Or maybe not so soon.

Bonnie said...

I totally agree about the cool breeze when your outside, sometimes that is what keeps me going